NCDC is providing financial assistance to dairy cooperatives for a wide variety of activities from purchase of milch animals to integrated dairy development projects linking production, processing & marketing of milks, working capital/margin money for increasing business turnover.
Eligible Cooperative Societies:
NCDC provides assistance to primary, district and state level cooperatives, either directly or through State Governments.
- Establishment of Integrated Dairy Project with the provisions for the technical inputs for farmer’s organisation, mobile veterinary care, artificial insemination and fodder development programme.
- Establishment/Expansion/renovation of Milk Collection Centers and Chilling Plants.
- Purchase of equipments, transport vehicles etc.
- Purchase, rearing and breeding of milch animals.
- Setting up of small feed mixing/manufacturing units, laboratory etc.
- Margin Money, working capital, share capital.
Mode of Funding:
Financial assistance is provided through the State Govt. or directly to the eligible cooperatives.
Quantum of Assistance and Pattern of Assistance:
Varies from activity to activity and upto 90-95% of the total cost for the most of the activities. However, in case of strengthening of share capital base/margin money/working capital assistance, the quantum of assistance can be upto 100%.
Yuva Sahakar – Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme:
To encourage newly formed cooperatives take advantage of innovative ventures, especially by societies with new/innovative idea, NCDC has introduced a new scheme titled, “Yuva Sahakar – Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme” linked to a Cooperative Startup and Innovation Fund created by NCDC. Please click for details of the Scheme
Norms for direct funding:
Cooperatives operating for minimum three years & broadly fulfilling following criteria are eligible:
(i) Net worth should be positive.
(ii) There should be no erosion in share capital.
(iii) Cash profit in last three years and net profit in two years.
(iv) Should bein a position to provide 1.25 to 1.5 times security.
Common Loan Application Form for availing assistance under the scheme of NCDC can be downloaded from NCDC’s website.
Dairy Processing and Infrastructure Development Fund (DIDF):
- The Union Cabinet on 12.09.2017 approved setting up the fund of Rs.8004.00 crore titled “Dairy Processing and Infrastructure Development Fund (DIDF)”in NABARD, with total financial outlay of Rs.10881.00 crore for the projects comprising (I) Rs.8004.00 crore to be raised by NABARD from market, (II) Rs. 2001.00 crore to be contributed by Eligible End Borrowers (EEBs) towards margin, (III) Rs.12.00 crore to be contributed by NDDB/NCDC on pro-rata basis towards Project Management and learning and (IV) Interest Subvention of Rs.864.00 crore to be provided to NABARD by Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairy & Fisheries (DAHDF), Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Government of India through budgetary support from Government of India.
- Administrative approval for continuation of DIDF scheme for the financial year 2020-21 was conveyed on 09.04.2020 with a revision of interest subvention of Rs. 1167.00 crore, resultantly the total financial outlay amounts to a maximum of Rs. 11184.00 crore.
- The investment activities in Dairy and Livestock and Livestock sector, which are eligible for funding under DIDF are:
1. Modernization and creation of new milk processing facilities.
2. Manufacturing facilities for value added products.
3. Milk chilling infrastructure.
4. Setting up electronic milk testing equipments.
- Any other activity related to the Dairy and Livestock sector targeted to contribute to the objectives of DIDF, and decided by Govt. of India in consultation with the stake holders.
- NCDC has been identified as a Nodal Loaning Entity (NLE) for borrowing resources from the Central Sector Scheme Dairy Processing and Infrastructure Development Fund (DIDF set-up in NABARD and finance the projects submitted by the Eligible End Borrowers (EEBs). Cooperative Milk Unions, State Cooperative Dairy Federations and Multi-State Milk Cooperatives are the Institutions eligible for loans from NCDC under the scheme. The interest rate to be charged by NCDC on the assistance to the End Borrowers shall as per the DIDF guidelines.
For further details, please contact or write to:
Dairy and Livestock Division
4, Siri Institutional Area, Hauz Khas
New Delhi – 110 016
PABX No.: 26567475, 26569246
Fax: +91-011-26962370, 26516032
Website: www.ncdc.in Email: mailncdc.in
Regional Directorates of NCDC: Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram